Organically Farmed Pastured Meats
Why a CSA?
- The security of knowing you will receive your share (>2kg/month) of fresh, local, delicious, nutritious pastured meats and optional extras (seasonal vegetables, honey etc) delivered to your chosen collection point 10 or 6 times per year (n.b. we are an essential service :))
- Free monthly newsletter with special offers and farm info prior to each delivery at the end of the delivery month (every month except April and September).
- Free farm entry (day trip for a picnic, swim and a farm day out!)
- Free farm camping
- Free Farm tours (2 per year)
- Knowing your hard-earned dollars are going directly to the farm you have chosen to support, not an unknown endless supply chain
- A local, ethical food option for those who care about animal welfare and the environment
- Visit or help out on the farm and be part of your own good food story
- Have country cousins to visit
- Our eternal thanks for helping us continue to be farmers 🙂
How to join
Applications are now open for the 2022 CSA and will only close when we are fully subscribed for the year. It’s really easy to join.
Simply contact us for an application form for 2022 The Gleneden CSA. The application form will provide extra information about the CSA and ask you to select your share size, delivery frequency and delivery location. You then send us your completed application and we will send you a confirmation email with further information and payment details. Done!
To summarise the process (which is in the application):
- You choose the kg/month share size which suits you. Anything from 2kg/month up is ok with us.
- Choose a delivery frequency. We offer either 10 deliveries per year (all but April and September) or 6 deliveries per year (January, March, May, July, October and December). For an example, if you choose 4kg/month (48kg/year) and 10 deliveries, your year’s meat will come in 10 deliveries of 4.8kg.
- Select you preferred delivery location. The current delivery locations in Ipswich and the Brisbane region are in the application. We offer home delivery to locals in Maryvale and Warwick townships.
Please note – we are happy to offer a committment free first delivery so you can see how it works and what quantity may suit you best.
Gleneden CSA Shares
We love sharing our farm with our food and our community and we really encourage you to come explore and enjoy our farm. Your Gleneden CSA membership also includes:
- Free day farm entry (bushwalking, swimming or farm volunteering)
- Free camping
- Free farm tours (held seasonally)
- Discounted entry to farm events including working bullock team displays and workshops.
- Monthly farm eNewsletter full of pictures, stories and recipes, and of course seasonal extras for you to purchase.
Please note: So everyone has a good time, we have limited farm camping and farm entry. Please book ahead to make sure we have room and avoid disappointment.
We deliver monthly or quarterly on the last Sunday of the month to collection points in: Aratula, Boonah, Ipswich (Purga BP), Brisbane (Taragindi, Camp Hill, Tingalpa, Morningside, Albion, Alderley, Indooroopilly, Mt Ommaney, Gailes), Toowoomba and Warwick. Delivery costs are included in your package price to the above mentioned collection points. Home delivery is available only in Toowoomba and Warwick.
Membership fees are payable monthly prior to delivery. Further details will be on your aplication form. Subscriptions are for a full calendar year. We are happy to discuss alternative payment options if needed.
Packages will include a variety of slow and quick cooking meat cuts which will vary with the seasons (eg. more roasts in winter) and include:
Pork: sausages, shoulder and loin chops, steaks, fillet, ribs, roasts, mince, hocks, sliced bacon and ham.
Beef: T-bone, rump, bbq, eye fillet, rib fillet (on and off bone), mince, sausages, chuck, Y-bone, osso buco, brisket, diced, corned beef, rolled roast, topside roast.
Lamb/ mutton: loin and shoulder chops, ribs, neck chops, shanks, cutlets, mince, leg roast.
Please note: Broth bones, dog bones, lard, tallow, skin and offal will be offered as extras when available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are a few common questions we’re asked about our Gleneden Family Farm Community Supported Agriculture System. If you have other questions or would like more information, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Joining our Gleneden Family Farm Community is really easy. Simply contact us and we will send you an application pack. This includes more detailed information and an application form. Email your completed application form back to us and voila! You're in! We will then send an email to welcome you and confirm delivery etc.
Yes. Cuts will vary in the cooler and warmer months to suit. However, mince and/or sausages will generally be available every month.
In winter you may see more roasts and slow cooking cuts that are fabulous for warming slow cooked meals and baked dinners. In summer we have more steaks, stir fry strips and other quick cooking cuts for lazy warm BBQ afternoons.
Yes and they are also preservative free with natural skins.
Although you have committed to pay and receive your pack every month we can try and work something out that suits everyone. For example - you could organise to have a double delivery the month before or after or you can ask a friend to pay and collect for the period you are away. Just contact us directly and we can discuss.
Definitely. In fact you don't need to be a member of our community to come and volunteer. If you are keen to learn about regenerative farming we are happy to host you. Click here to find out more about volunteering on our farm.